Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
Dr. P. Osman Basha
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
M.Sc. , Ph.D.
Work Experience (PDF/Teaching etc.) :
One year PDF,
Seven years teaching .
Area of research interests :
Plant Molecular Biology, Molecular Mapping.
Research Grants :
1. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) sanctioned ~25,00,000/- to the project entitle “Generation of Insertional Mutants in Solanum lycopersicum through T-DNA Tagging for Functional Genomics and Biotechnological Applications” (File No. 38(2813/11) w.e.f. 01/04/2011).
2. Department of Science and Technology (DST) sanctioned ~24,00,000/- to the project entitle “Generation of Point and Deletion Mutagenized Population of Tomato (cv. Arka Vikas) and Molecular Characterization of Mutants” (Registration Number: SERC/LS-0542/2010).
3. University Grant Commission (UGC) sanctioned 12,40,000/- to the project entitled “Genetic, Biochemical and Molecular characterization of Orange Ripening (Orr2) mutant in Solanum lycopersicum.
4. Agri-Science Park Project, A.P. sanctioned 1,50,000/- to the project entitled “Development of Deletion and Point mutation population of Sona Masuri (rice) to select Economically Important Lines”.
Research students (Ph.D awarded/working) :
Awards and achievements:
DST Young Scientist award .
Selected Best Publications :
1. P. Osman Basha, G. Sudarsanam, M. Madhu Sudhana Reddy and N. Siva Sankar (2015). Effect of PEG Induced Water Stress on Germination and Seedling Development of Tomato Germplasm. IJRSR, 6: 5 (4044-4049)
2. P. Osman Basha, M.Madhu Sudhana Reddy, K. Riazunnisa, M. Sridhar Reddy (2015). In Vitro Evaluation of Tomato Genotypes for Salt Tolerance at Seedling Stage. IJPAES, 5 (1): 102-106.
3. Nambi Rajesh, Pottipadu John Elia Prashanth and Pinjari Osman Basha (2014). Development of a Mutant Genetic Resource of Tomato Solanum lycopersicum L. cv. ArkaVikas. Annals of Biological Research, 5 (11): 1-6.
4. P. Osman Basha, A. Bhalla, M. Kumar, K. Singh, D. Rajpurohit, G.S. Randhawa and H.S. Dhaliwal (2009). Linkage Mapping of Polyembryonic, Oligoculm and Gibberellic acid insensitive Dwarf Insertional Mutants of Oryza sativa Var. Basmati 370. SABRAO Journal of Breeding and Genetics: 41 (1): 13-23.
5. P. Osman Basha, M. Kumar, D. Rajpurohit, A. Bhalla, G.S. Randhawa and H.S. Dhaliwal (2009). Genetic control of seed dormancy in Basmati rice. Madras Agricultural Journal, 96 (7-12): 305-308.
6. Anju Puri, P. Osman Basha, Mankesh Kumar, Deepak Rajpurohit, Gursharn S. Randhawa, Shahryar F. Kianian, Anantharama Rishi and Harcharan S. Dhaliwal (2010). The polyembryo gene (OsPE) in rice. Funct Integr Genomics: 10 (3): 359-366.
7. Mankesh Kumar, P. Osman Basha, Anju Puri, Deepak Rajpurohit, Gursharn Singh Randhawa, Tilak Raj Sharma, Harcharan Singh Dhaliwal (2010). Cloning of a candidate gene OsAPC6 of anaphase promoting complex of rice through T-DNA insertion. Funct Integr Genomics, 10 (3): 349-358.
8. P. Routray, P. Osman Basha, M. Garg, N. K. Singh, H. S. Dhaliwal (2007). Genetic diversity of landraces of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) from hilly areas of Uttaranchal, India. Genet Resour Crop Evol, 54:1315–1326.
9. H. S. Rao, O. P. Basha, N. K. Singh, K. Sato, H. S. Dhaliwal (2007). Frequency distributions and composite interval mapping for QTL analysis in ‘Steptoe’ x ‘Morex’ barley mapping population. Barley Genetics Newsletter, 37: 5-20.
10. Raju Naik Vankadavath, Appibhai Jakir Hussain, Reddaiah Bodanapu, Eros Kharshiing, P. Osman Basha, Soni Gupta, Yellamaraju Sreelakshmi and Rameshwar Sharma (2010). Computer Aided Data Acquisition Tool for High-throughput Phenotyping of Plant Populations. Plant Methods 5:18 DOI: 10.1186/1746-4811-5-18.
11. Deepak Rajpurohit, Rahul kumar, Mankesh Kumar, Priyanka Pal, Anjali avasti, P. Osman Basha, Anju Puri, Tripta Jung, Kuldeep Singh, Harcharan Singh Dhaliwal (2011). Pyramiding of two bacterial blight resistance and semi dwarfing gene in Typ3 basmati using marker assisted selection. Euphytica, 178 (1): 111-126(16).
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.