Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
Dr. L. Veeranjaneya Reddy
M.Sc ; Ph.D (Biochemistry).
Work experience (PDF/Teaching etc.):
Teaching experience : 9.5 years,
Administrative experience: 2 year.
Area of research interests :
Industrial Microbiology (Biofuels and Biochemicals, enzymes and wine production).
Research students (Ph.D awarded/working)
Ph.D. : 1,
Ph.D. : 2 working.
Selected best publications :
1. L. V. A. Reddy and O.V. S. Reddy (2005). Production and characterization of wine from mango fruits (Mangifera indica L.). World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 21:1345-1350.
2. L. V. A. Reddy and O.V. S. Reddy (2006). Rapid and enhanced production of ethanol in very high gravity (VHG) sugar fermentation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae: Role of finger millet (Eleusinae coracana L.) flour. Process Biochemistry. 41: 726-729.
3. L. V. A. Reddy, Y. J. Wee, J. S. Yun and H. W. Ryu (2008). Screening and optimization of medium composition for alkaline protease production by Bacillus sp. RKY 3 through statistical approaches. Bioresource Technology. 99: 2242-2249.
4. L.V.A. Reddy, Y. J. Wee and H. W. Ryu (2008). Purification and characterization of an organic solvent and detergent–tolerant novel protease produced by Bacillus sp. RKY 3. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology. 83: 1526-1533.
5. L.V. A. Reddy, Y. Sudheer Reddy and O. V. S. Reddy (2009). Evaluation of volatile flavour compounds from wine produced from mangofruits (Mangifera indica L.) by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Indian Journal of Microbiology. 50 (2): 183-191.
6. Lebaka Veeranjaneya Reddy, Lebaka Prasannanjaneya Reddy, Young-Jung Wee and Obulam Vijaya Sarathi Reddy (2010). Production and Characterization of Wine with Sugarcane Piece Immobilized Yeast Biocatalyst. Food and Bioprocess Technology. 4 (1): 142-148
7. Y. J. Wee, L.V.A. Reddy, Soon Do Yoon and H. W. Ryu (2011)"Purification and enzymatic properties of the extracellular and constitutive chitosanase produced by Bacillus subtilis RKY3". Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology. 86(5): 757-762.
8. Veeranjaneya Reddy Lebaka, Hwa-Won Ryu and Young-Jung Wee (2014). Effect of fruit pulp supplementation on rapid and enhanced ethanol production in very high gravity (VHG) fermentation. Bioresources and Bioprocessing. 1 (1): 22-28.
9. Lebaka Veeranjaneya Reddy, Sree Veda Avula, and Sreenivasa Reddy C (2015). The feasibility of mango (Mangifera indiaca L.) peel as an alternative substrate for butanol production. Bioresources. 10 (3):1-7.
10. L. V. A. Reddy, Kim YM, Yun JS, Ryu HW, Wee YJ (2016). L-Lactic acid production by combined utilization of agricultural bioresources as renewable and economical substrates through batch and repeated-batch fermentation of Enterococcus faecalis RKY1. Bioresource Technology. 209:187-194.
11. Mina Kim, Jin-Beom Si, Lebaka Veeranjaneya Reddy and Young-Jung Wee (2016). Enhanced production of extracellular proteolytic enzyme excreted by a newly isolated Bacillus subtilis FBL-1 through combined utilization of statistical designs and response surface methodology. RSC Advances 6: 51270-51278.
Any specific inclusions (books, patents, collaborations etc.):
Book Chapters: 12
1. L.V. A. Reddy, O.V.S. Reddy and S. C. Basappa. (2008). Potentiality of yeasts in the direct conversion of starchy materials to ethanol and its relevance in the new millennium. Yeast Biotechnology: Diversity and Applications; Satyanarayana, T.; Kunze, Gotthard (Eds.) Springer Publications. pp 515-550, ISBN: 978-1-4020-8291-7.
2. L.V.A. Reddy, O.V. S. Reddy (2012). Production and Characterization of wine from Mango (Mangifera indica L.) fruit juice. Fermented plant Foods and Beverages; Hui Y. H (Ed). CRC Publications USA, Florida. pp: 249-272.
3. L. V. A. Reddy (2013). Potential Bio-resources as Future Sources of Biofuels Production: An Overview. Biofuel Technologies: Recent Developments; V. K. Gupta and Maria G. Tuohy (Eds) Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. Pp: 223-258. ISBN 978-3-642-34518-0.
Patents: 01 (Published)
1. Mango wine and its method of preparation (filed No: 5810/CHE/2014 dt: 19/11/2014)
1. Department of Microbiology and Fermentation Technology, Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI, Mysore).
2. Department of Food Science and Technology, Yeungnam University, South Korea.
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.