Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
Dr. K. LALITHA
Assistant Professor Department of Psychology.
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
M.Sc., Ph.D., P.G.Dip. in Gerontology; P.G.Dip. in Guidance and Counseling.
Work Experience (PDF/Teaching etc.):
Research Associate -2002-2005 - 2 yrs.
Contract Lecturer - 2006-2009 – 3 years.
Asst. Professor 2009 to till todate – 7 years.
Area of research interests :
Adult development , Ageing, Mental Health, Counseling.
Research Grants :
Title of the Project
Duration & Fund
Assessment of Everyday Memory in the aged: An Intervention study
MRP, University, Grants Commission, New Delhi.
2 years 6 months Rs.7,31,000/- Completed
Research students (Ph.D awarded/working):
3 students are working for Ph.D.
Awards and achievements :
National Merit Scholarship for highest marks in Graduation
A.P. Higher Education Board, Hyderabad
Sri Venkateswara Award (Young Scientist award) for best paper presentation.
Association of Gerontology, Varanasi
T.T.T.I. Award for best Ph.D work.
Indian Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP, Chennai)
Selected Best Publications:
1. Jamuna,D., Lalitha, K. and Ramamurti, P.V. (2003). Future of elder care in India: Hope or despair: Some alternative care models. Indian Journal of Gerontology, 17 (3 & 4), 147- 156.
2. Jamuna, D and Lalitha, K. (2004). Loneliness among Community dwelling older People – Efficacy of Counseling Interventions. Journal of Community Guidance and Research, 21(2), 196-205.
3. Lalitha, K. and Jamuna, D. (2004). Adaptation to Bereavement in Older Men and Women. Psychological Studies, 49(1), 73-77.
4. Lalitha, K., and Jamuna, D. (2004). Memory status in the Elderly and its Correlates: An Intervention Study. Indian Journal of Gerontology, 18 (1).
5. Jamuna, D., Lalitha, K. and Ramamurti, P.V. (2004) Psycho-Social contributants to Self-Esteem among Older Widows. Indian Journal of Gerontology, 18(2), 151-158.
6. Venkatasubbaiah, C., Lalitha, K., and Jamuna, D. (2006). T.V. Viewing by Elderly and their depiction in the visual media. Ageing & Society, The Indian Journal of Gerontology XVI(3), 1-12.
7. Lalitha, K. and Jamuna, D. (2006). Remote memory in the elderly and its impact on well being. Psychological studies, 50 (3). 151-158.
8. Lalitha, K. and Jamuna, D. (2010). Aging In India – An Issue of Nation’s Development. In S.K. Kallolikar and Gangadhar B. Sonar (Ed.) Developmental Perspectives: Issues, Challenges and Interventions. Agra: Current Publications. 185-194.
9. Lalitha, K., Aswartha Reddy, A, Lakshmi Devi, M. (2015). Depression and Coping among Women Working In Rural Areas. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, Vol. 2(4- No. 5), 148-157.
10. Lalitha,K. (2015). Role of interventions in improving Memory performance in the Aged. International Journal of Business Intelligence & Innovations, Spl. Vol. ISSN 23484705. 69-75.
Any specific inclusions (books, patents, collaborations etc.):
Book Publication Details:
Lalitha, K. and Jamuna, D. (2010). Memory in the Elderly:
Can we improve it?. Manas Publishers, Jaipur.
ISBN No. 978-81-921743-3-4. Collaboration – Psychological Counselling services to Engineering students,
Srinivasa Institute of Technology & Science, Kadapa
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.