Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
Dr.K.S.V. Krishna Rao
Assistant professor Department of Chemistry
+91 9704278890 / +91 8562225490
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Experience (PDF/Teaching etc.):
1. Assistant Professor (November 2008 to Till date), Yogi Vemna University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, India.
2. UGC-RAMAN Postdoctoral Fellow (4th February 2015 to 3rd February 2016), Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA.
3. Research Professor (April 2008- November 2008), Changwon National University, Changwon, South Korea.
4. Postdoctoral Fellow (April 2007-March 2008), Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea.
5. Postdoctoral Fellow (April 2006-March 2007), Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea.
Area of research interests
1. Systematic Design, Synthesis and Development of macro/micro/nano drug carrier surrounding pH or temperature responsive property for anticancer drugs delivery to specifically cancer cells for desired pharmacological activity.
2. Synthesis of mixed matrix polymer/organic-Inorganic hybrid membranes and for Gas Separation, Pervaporation and Reverse Osmosis (waste water treatment). Waste water treatment by using modified Biopolymer sorbents. Membrane Bioreactors and PEM Fuel Cells.
3. Modification of bio-active micro/macro molecules and development of some new synthetic methodologies.
4. Thermodynamic Properties of liquid mixtures and properties of polymer solutions.
Research Grants :
1. DST, Govt. of India (fast track scheme for young scientists program)Synthesis and Characterization of Biodegradable Polymer Based Nanocarriers for Controlled Release Applications
2. BRNS, Govt. of India; Synthesis and characterization of stimuli-responsive interpenetrating polymer network membranes for selective separation of toxic metal ions (Grants: Rs 28, 45, 750).
3. University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India; Novel Duel Responsive Micro/Nano Hydrogels from Carbohydrate polymers: Synthesis, Development and in vitro Anti-Cancer Drug delivery Studies (Grants: Rs 7, 50,000). Projects in Progress
1. Indian Space Research Organization, India; Design and Synthesis of IPN based Polymer Electrolyte Membranes Embedded with Nano-Additives for Fuel Cell Applications Studies (Grants: Rs 23,75,000).
Research students (Ph.D awarded/working):
Dr. Reddaiah, DST-National Postdoctoral Fellow Ph. D Awarded
1. Mr. P. Rama Subba Reddy
Synthesis and Characterization of Multi-Structured Macro-Molecular Matrices and their Silver Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications
2. Mr. N. Sivagangi Reddy
Synthesis and characterization of stimuli-responsive interpenetrating polymer network membranes for selective separation of toxic metal ions Ph. D Working
3. Ms. S. Eswaramma
Novel Micro/Nano-Sized Hydrogels as Potential Anti-Cancer and AIDS Drug Delivery Vehicles: Synthesis, Development, in vitro and in vivo Evaluation
4. Mrs. R. Vijitha
Design and Synthesis of IPN based Polymer Electrolyte Membranes Embedded with Nano-Additives for Fuel Cell Applications
5. Mr. K. Nagaraja
Polymeric Drug Delivery Devises
Awards and achievements :
2014 Received UGC RAMAN Award for Postdoctoral Fellowship for Indian scholars to work at USA by UGC, New Delhi, India.
2009 Received Young Scientist Award with research project under the Fast track scheme for young scientists, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
2009 Biographical profile published in the MARQUIS’ who’s who in the World, 27th edition 2010 (Published from New Jersey, U.S.A.).
2007 Awarded the Junior Scientist from National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi, India.
2006 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea.
Conference/symposia attended :
Conference/symposia organized :
Selected Best Publications :
1. N. Sivagangi Reddy, K.S.V. Krishna Rao, K. Madhusudana Rao, Surendran Parambadath, Chang Sik Ha, Aminothiozolyl maleamic acid based multi chelating hydrogels for the separation of uranium (VI) ions from aqueous environment, Polymers for Advanced Technologies 2016 (online) DOI: 10.1002/pat.3799.
2. E. Chandra Sekhar, K.S.V. Krishna Rao*, K. Madhusudana Rao, Bio-synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles using Terminalia chebula leaf extract and evaluation of its antimicrobial potential, Materials Letters 174 (2016) 129-133.
3. S. Eswaramma, K. S. V. Krishna Rao*, K. Madhusudana Rao, Diffusion and Controlled Release Characteristics of pH-Sensitive Poly(2-(Dimethyl Amino)ethyl Methacrylate-co-2-hydroxyethylacrylate) Hydrogels, International Journal of Polymeric Materials, (2016); 65 (3) 134-142.
4. K. Madhusudana Rao, K.S.V. Krishna Rao, G. Ramanjaneyulu, Chang-Sik Ha, Curcumin encapsulated pH sensitive gelatin based interpenetrating polymeric network nanogels for anti cancer drug delivery, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 478 (2015) 788–795.
5. K.S.V. Krishna Rao, K. Madhusudana Rao, P. Rama Subba Reddy, N. Sivagangi Reddy, Yury Shchipunov, Chang Sik-Ha Chitosan-poly(aminopropyl/phenylsilsesquioxane) hybrid nanocomposite membranes for antibacterial and drug delivery applications, Polymer International, 64 (2015) 293–302.
6. K.S.V. Krishna Rao, P. Ramasubba Reddy, Yong-Ill Lee, Changdae Kim, Synthesis and Characterization of Chitosan-PEG-Ag Nanocomposites for Antimicrobial Application, Carbohydrate polymers87 (2012) 920-925.
7. K.S.V. Krishna Rao, Hong-Guo Liu, Yong-Ill Lee, Fluorescence Spectroscopy of Polymer Doped with Rare-Earth Metal Ions and its Complexes, Applied Spectroscopy Reviews; 45 (2010) 409–446.
8. K.S.V. Krishna Rao, Ildoo Chung, Chang-Sik Ha. Synthesis and Characterization of Poly(acrylamidoglycolic acid) Grafted onto Chitosan and its Polyelectolyte Complexes with Hydroxyapatite, Reactive and Functional Polymers 68 (2008) 943-953.This article selected as one of the 'Science Direct TOP25 Hottest Articles' in that journal, July-September, 2008.
9. K.S.V. Krishna Rao, B.G. Lokesh, K. ChowdojiRao, P. Sreenivasa Rao., Synthesis and Characterization of Biopolymeric Blend Membranes Based on Sodium Alginate for the Pervaporation Dehydration of Isopropanol/Water Mixture, Separation Science and Technology, 43 (2008) 1065-1082.
10. M. Maheswara, K.S.V. Krishna Rao, J.Y. Do., Regioselective ring-opening of epoxides with amines using Zn(ClO4)2-Al2O3 as a heterogeneous and recyclable catalyst., Tetrahedron Letters 49 (2008) 1795-1800.
11. K.S.V. Krishna Rao, B.V.K. Naidu, M.C.S. Subha, and T.M. Aminabhavi,Novel Chitosan-based pH-Sensitive Interpenetrating Network Microgels for the Controlled Release of Cefadroxil, Carbohydrate Polymers, 66 (2006) 333-344. This article selected as one of the 'Science Direct TOP25 Hottest Articles' in that Journal, October-December, 2006.
12. B.V.K. Naidu, K.S.V. Krishna Rao, T.M. Aminabhavi,Pervaporation Separation of Water + 1,4-Dioxane and Water +Tetrahydrofuran Mixtures using Sodium Alginate and its Blend Membranes with Hydroxyethylcellulose-A Comparative Study, Journal of Membrane Science, 260 (2005) 131-141.
Any specific inclusions (books, patents, collaborations etc.):
K. S. V. Krishna Rao, M.C.S Subha, Novel Polymeric Networks for Drug Delivery and Pervaporation by LAMBERT Academic Publishers, ISBN: 978-3-659-91869-8.
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.