Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
PhD (Materials Engineering), Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), 2015
M.Tech (Materials Science), Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (NITT), 2009.
M.Sc (Physics), Department of Studies in Physics, University of Mysore, 2006
4 year Integrated B.Sc.Ed (Maths, Physics, Chemistry), Regional Institute of Education Mysore (RIEM, under N.C.E.R.T), University of Mysore, 2004
Carbon Nanotubes: preparation, synthesis, characterization and applications
Thin Film coatings: Plasma nitriding, Plasma Nitrocarburising, Magnetron sputtering
Tribilogy: Wear, Corrosion analysis
Assistant Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Nanotechnology at Yogi Vemana University (A State Government University of Andhra Pradesh) , Kadapa, AP from July 2009.
Worked as a project trainee at Non Ferrous Technology Development Center (NFTDC), Hyderabad as a part of my M.Tech Thesis
Presently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Nanotechnology at Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, AP from July 2009
Courses handled at YVU:
• Quantum Mechanics
• Classical Mechanics
• Emission Spectroscopy
Training / project programme :
1. Participated in Summer School Programme (SSP) conducted by Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Ahmedabad from June 1st to July 15th 2005
2. Participated in Maths Training & Talent Search (MTTS) programme conducted by National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM), India.
Professional recognition, awards, fellowships received:
Selected for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Programme fellowship by Department of Science and Technology, India.
Awarded Gold Medal for highest CGPA in M.Tech. Materials Science at NITT during 2007-09
Received Institute Day prize of “Silver Medal” for being topper in the I & II semesters at NITT
Awarded as “Outstanding Student” in M.Tech. Materials Science for the year 2008-09 by the Alumni Association of NITT.
Received II Prize for “BEST POSTER AWARD” in poster presentation competition in National Conference on Recent Advances in Surface Engineering (RASE 09) held at NAL Bangalore during Feb. 26-27, 2009
Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC&CSIR under Lecturership.
Qualified GATE (physics) - 2007 with all India Rank of 572 and received GATE Fellowship from 2007-2009.
Paper on “Experimenting with Innovative Prism” has been selected for best ten experiments for All India competition of Physics Experiments Conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers ( IAPT) held at Jabalpur in Nov 2006
Research Project :
University Grants Commission, New Delhi (UGC): Synthesis, Characterization and photocatalytic efficacy of Carbon nanotube-TiO2 nanohybrid for enhanced hydrogen production under solar irradiation (2015-18).
List of Publications:
1. D.Praveen Kumar, N.Lakshmana Reddy, M.Mamatha Kumari, B.Srinivas, V.Durga Kumari, V.Roddatis, O. Bondarchunk, M.Karthik, B.Nepplian, M.V.Shankar. Cu2O-Sensitized TiO2 Nanorods with Nanocavities for Highly Efficient Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production under Solar Light Irradiation. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol.136, 157-165 (2015) (I.F.5.03) SCI.
2. M.Mamatha Kumari, D.Praveen Kumar, P.Haridoss, V.Durga Kumari, M.V.Shankar, Nanohybrid of Titania / Carbon Nanotubes - Nanohorns: A Promising Photocatalyst for Enhanced Hydrogen Production under Solar Irradiation. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 40, 1665-1674 (2015), (I.F.3.3) SCI.
3. D. Praveen Kumar, N. Lakshmana Reddy, D. Harish, D. Balaji Naik, M. Mamatha Kumari, B. Srinivas, V. Durgakumari, B. Nepplian, and M. V. Shankar, Solar Light Activated AgxO/TiO2 Nanocomposites - A Promising Photocatalyst for Enhanced Hydrogen Fuel Generation Using Biomass Derivatives, Materials Focus, Vol. 4, pp. 1–3, (2015) .
4. D.Praveen Kumar, N.Lakshmana Reddy, M.V.Shankar, M.Mamatha Kumari, B.Srinivas, V.Durga Kumari, CuO/TiO2 Nanocomposites: Effect of Calcination on Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production. Journal of Catalysts and Catalysis, Vol 1, No 2, 13-20 (2014) ISSN 2349-4344.
5. Dharani Praveen Kumar, Muthukonda V. Shankar, Murikinati Mamatha Kumari, Gullapelli Sadanandam, Basavaraju Srinivas and Valluri Durgakumari, Nano-size effects on CuO/TiO2 catalysts for highly efficient H2 production under solar light irradiation, Chemical Communications, 49, 9443, (2013). (I.F-6.378) SCI.
6. M.Mamatha Kumari, S.Natarajan & J.Alphonsa, S.Mukherjee, Dry silding wear behavior of plasma nitrocarburised AISI 304 SS using response surface methodology, International journal of Surface Engineering, 20(3), 191-198 (2010) (I.F-1.54) SCI.
7. M.Mamatha Kumari, MN Bapat, p-n junction: a pragmatic approach, journal of Physics Education, Vol.23 (2) July-September 2006.
Membership in professional bodies:
• Member, Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
• Member, Electron Microscopy Society of India (EMSI)
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.