Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
Prof. K.Krishna Reddy
Professor & Chairman, BoS
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Work Experience (PDF/Teaching etc.) :
Research Experience : 30 years (Incl. PhD),
Teaching experience : 10 years,
Administrative experience : 10 year.
Extra-Curricular Activities :
National Cadet Corps (NCC) (Air-wings)- A (Part I & II), B & C Certificate.
Area of research interests :
Atmospheric Physics & Remote Sensing: Clouds, Aerosols, Boundary Layer Physics. Atmospheric Dynamics, Radiation Budget, Climate, Radiation Transfer Models.
Satellite and Doppler Radar & Lidar Remote Sensing of Aerosols and Clouds and assessment of their impact.
1. Raindrop size distributions of cyclonic and monsoon clouds, LAP LAMBERT Publishing, pp.120, ISBN:978-3-659-90860-6, published on 05-07-2016.
2. Maine monsoon Raindrop size distributions over Palau Islands, LAP LAMBERT Publishing, pp.80, ISBN:978-3-659-92267-1, published on 14-07-2016.
3. A study on solar eclipse and its influence on meteorological variables, LAP LAMBERT Publishing, pp.76, ISBN:978-3-659-91942-8, published on 14-07-2016.
4. Sensitivity Study on 2013 Tropical Cyclones using different Cloud microphysical and Planetary boundary layer parameterization schemes in WRF model, p. 321-350, published by Capital Publishing Company, ISBN:978-93-81891-32-2 Tropical Cyclone activity over the North Indian Ocean, Ed., by M.Mohapatra, B.K.Bandyopadhyay and L.S.Rathore., 2016.
Awards and Recognitions:
1. Coordinator, Semi-arid zonal Atmospheric Research Centre (SARC)
2. Program Coordinator, DST-FIST, YVUm
3. Member, High level Committee of experts for establishment of Doppler Weather Radar over India, India Meteorological Department, New Delhi
4. Executive Member, Andhra Pradesh State Knowledge Mission
5. 5Visiting Scientist, National Central University, Taiwan since 1997
6. Faculty, School on Atmospheric Science, Indian Institute of Technology, IIT-Madras, Chennai.
7. Faculty, Winter school on Atmospheric Radar and Lidar, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati and National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki
8. Faculty, International school on Atmospheric Radar (ISAR), 2006-2011
9. Outstanding Intellectutals of the 21st Century, 2011, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
10. Member, Board of Studies for Physics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh
11. Member, Board of Studies for Physics, Dravidian University, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh
12. Member, Board of Studies for Physics, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (Women University), Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
13. A.P. State Best University Teacher Award
14. Secretary, Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT)
15. A.P.Scientist Award, Andhra Pradesh Council of Science & Technology (APCOST)
16. Young Scientist, International Union on Radio Science (URSI)
17. Chief Scientist, Japan-Agency for Marine Science and Technology, Japan
18. Scientist, Tenth Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica
Memorandum of Understanding:
1. Indian Space Research Organization, Bangalore
2. National Central University, Jhongli, Taiwan
3. Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan, Taiwan
4. Andhra Pradesh Council Of Science and Technology (APCOST)
5. Andhra Pradesh State Remote Sensing Applications Centre (APSRAC), Hyderabad
6. Space Physical Laboratory, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Trivandrum .
Fellowship and Membership of Academic and Accredited Bodies:
1. Fellow, Institution of Electronics and Telecommuni-cation Engineers (IETE), New Delhi, 2009
2. Fellow, Andhra Pradesh (AP) Akademy of Sciences, Hyderabad, 2011
3. Life Member, India Meteorological Society (IMS), Chennai Chapter
4. Life Member (8146-L4733), Indian Association of Physics Teachers, Kanpur
5. Life Member (L1432), National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi, 2010
6. Life Member (L19967), The Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkatta, 2012.
7. Life Member(L2089), Instrument Society of India, 2012.
10-Selected best SCI Publications (2010 onwards) :
1. Wind profiler observations on orographic effects of typhoon wind structure modification over Taiwan (120.38 deg. E, 22.6 deg. N), Ann. Geophys., 28, 141-147, 2010.
2. Observation of Precipitation and Drop-Size Distribution Associated with a Typhoon using VHF Radar, The Open Atmospheric Science Journal, 4, 114-125 (12), doi: 10.2174/1874282301004010114, 2010.
3. Role of mixed precipitating cloud systems on the typhoon rainfall, Ann. Geophys, 28,11-16, 2010.
4. Influences of the boundary layer evolution on surface ozone variations at a tropical rural site in India, J. Earth Syst. Sci.121, 911–922, 2012
5. Impact of Quasi-Biennial Oscillation on the inter-annual variability of the tropopause temperature in the tropics: A study using COSMIC/ FORMOSAT-3 observations, Atmospheric Research, 139, 62-70,2014.
6. Observational study on Melting layer characteristics over Palau in the Pacific Ocean, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 121, 132--140, 2014, DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2014.09.015
7. Raindrop Size Distributions of South West and North East Monsoon Heavy Precipitations Observed over Kadapa (14o 4’ N, 78o 82’ E), a Semi Arid Region of India, Current Science, 107, 1312- 1320,2014.
8. On the occurrence of coldest temperature in the stratospheric region and tropical tropopause stability: A study using COSMIC/ FORMOSAT-3 satellite measurements", Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 121(B), 271- 286, 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.jastp.2014.10.007 ,2014
9. Raindrop size distribution of Easterly and Westerly Monsoon precipitation observed over Palau Islands in the Western Pacific ocean, Atmospheric Research, 174–175, 41–51, doi:10.1016/j.atmosres. 2016.01.013, 2016.
10. Precipitation and clouds microstructure variations between two Southern Indian stations, Proc. of SPIE Vol. 9876, 2016.
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.