Yogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa CampusYogi Vemana University Kadapa Campus
Assistant Professor & Coordinator
Ph.D. in Physics (2006) from Department of Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, A.P.
PDF/Teaching experience :
1) Assistant Professor, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa -516 003. June 2007 Till to date.
2) Guest Scientist/Visiting Scientist, University of La Laguna, Spain, May-June 2008, 2009, 2010.
3) Coordinator for Dept. of Materials Science and Nanotechnolgy, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa -516 003. April 2009 -July 2009.
4) Member in Directorate of Admissions, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa -516 003. March 2008-April 2011.
5) Guest Scientist, University of Paderborn, Paderborn, Germany, September 2006.
6) Post Doctoral Fellow, Università di Verona, Italy, June 2006-June 2007.
7) CSIR-Senior Research Fellow, Sri Venkateswara University Tirupati - 517 502, April 2006-June 2006
8) UGC-Project Fellow, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati - 517 502, April 2002-March 2005
UGC-Project Fellow Sri Venkateswara University Tirupati - 517 502, April 2002 March 2005
Area/s of research interests :
Solid State Spectroscopy, Glass Science and Technology, Photonics, Nanomaterials Science and Nanotechnology
Projects undertaken :
1. Optimization of structural and luminescence properties of Ln3+/Yb3+- doped Lu3Ga5O12 nanocrystalline garnets for the development of light emitting devices”. Project Sanction No. 2010/20/34/5/BRNS, Sponsoring Agency is Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Mumbai. The duration period: 2010-2013, Total outlay of the Project (Rs.): 14,90,000.
2. Dr. V. Venkatramu, Member, Project Title: “Optical Properties of Rare-earth ions in Solids at High pressure”.Indo-Spain International Collaborative Project Sanction No: PCI2006-A7-0638, Sponsoring Agency is Ministry of Science and Innovation (MICINN), Spain. The duration period: 2008-2011, Total outlay of the Project (Euro): 27,000
1) January 2011: DAE Research Award for Young Scientists, Govt. of India, Mumbai, INDIA.
2) May-June 2010: Visiting Scientist, University of La Laguna, SPAIN.
3) May-June 2009: Guest Scientist, University of La Laguna, SPAIN.
4) May-June 2008: Visiting Scientist, University of La Laguna, SPAIN.
5) September 2006: Guest Scientist, University of Paderborn, GERMANY.
6) June 2006-June 2007: Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Verona, ITALY.
7) April 2006-June 2006: Senior Research Fellow of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India,
New Delhi, INDIA.
8) April 2002-March 2005: Project Fellow of University Grants Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi, INDIA.
Details of significant paper publications :
1. C. K. Jayasankar, V. Venkatramu, S. Surendra Babu, P. Babu, Luminescence properties of Dy3+ ions in a variety of borate and fluoroborate glasses containing lithium, zinc and lead. J. Alloys. Compds. 374 (2004) 22. IF = 2.135.
2. V. Venkatramu, D. Navarro-Urrios, P. Babu, C. K. Jayasankar, V. Lavin, Fluorescence line narrowing spectral studies of Eu 3+-doped lead borate glass. J. Non-Cryst. Solids 351 (2005) 929. IF = 1.252.
3. C. K. Jayasankar, V. Venkatramu. P. Babu, Th. Troester, W. B. Holzapfel, G. Wortmann High pressure fluorescence study of Sm3+ -doped borate and fluoroborate glasses. J. Appl. Phys. 97 (2005) 093523. IF = 2.278.
4. V. Venkatramu, P. Babu, C. K. Jayasankar, Fluorescence properties of Eu3+ ions doped borate and fluoroborate glasses containing lithium, zinc and lead. Spectrochim. Acta A 63 (2006) 276. IF = 1.566.
5. V. Venkatramu, P. Babu, C. K. Jayasankar, W. Sievers, Th. Tröster, G. Wortmann, Optical spectroscopy of Sm3+ ions in phosphate and fluorophosphate glasses. Optical Materials 29 (2007)1429. IF = 1.728.
6. V. Venkatramu, D. Falcomer, A. Speghini, M. Bettinelli and C. K. Jayasankar, Synthesis and luminescence properties of Er3+ -doped Lu3Ga5O12 nanocrystals. J. Lumin. 128 (2008) 811. IF = 1.847.
7. V. Mahalingam, F. Mangiarini, F. Vetrone, V. Venkatramu, M. Bettinelli, A. Speghini, J.A. Capobianco, Bright White Upconversion Emission from Tm3+/Yb3+/Er3+-doped Lu3Ga5O12 Nanocrystals. J. Phys .Chem C (Letter) 112 (2008)17745. IF = 4.224
8. R. Praveena, V. Venkatramu, P. Babu, C. K. Jayasankar, Th. Tröster, W. Sievers and G. Wortmann, Luminescence properties of Sm3+-doped P2O5-PbO-Nb2O5 glass under high pressure. J. Phys. : Condensed Matter 21 (2009) 035108. IF = 2.364.
9. V. Venkatramu, P. Babu, I.R. Martín, V. Lavín, Juan E. Muñoz-Santiuste, Th. Tröster, W. Sievers, G. Wortmann and C.K. Jayasankar, Role of the local structure and the energy trap centers in the quenching of luminescence of the Tb3+ ions in fluoroborate glasses: A high pressure study. J. Chem. Phys.132 (2010)114505. . IF = 3.177.
10. V Venkatramu, M. Giarola, G. Mariotto, S. Enzo, S. Polizzi, C. K. Jayasankar, F. Piccinelli, M. Bettinelli and A. Speghini, Nanocrystalline lanthanide -doped Lu3Ga5O12 garnets: interesting materials for light-emitting devices. Nanotechnology 21 (2010) 175703. IF = 3.137.
Number of Research Papers published in Internationally reputed journals:
Countries Visited :
1. Italy: June 2006 to June 2007, Università di Verona, Verona, as a Post Doctoral Fellow to work on Lanthanide doped Nanocrystals.
2. Germany: September 2006, University of Paderborn, Germany as a Guest Scientist to work luminescence properties of Ln3+-doped glasses under High Pressure.
3. Spain: May-June 2008, May-June 2009, May 2010 to June 2010--University of La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain to carry out Indo-Spain international collaborative research project.
Research papers presented at National and International Seminar/Symposium/Workshop:
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.