Dr. Y. Nazeer Ahammed
Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, A.P
Date of Birth:
11th June 1970
Place of Birth:
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Address for Correspondence:
Associate Professor, Department of Physics
Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa-516003, A.P., India
Ph.D.(1996) – Department of Physics, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur (A.P.)
Oct 2009 – Till to date: Associate Professor in Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa.
Aug 2004 – Oct 2009: Scientist-C, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi
May 1998 – Aug 2004: Research Scientist, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur.
July 1996 – May 1998: Senior Research Fellow, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur.
• Worked as Head, Department of Physics from December, 2010 – February, 2013.
• Worked as Convener, Board of Studies in Physics from November, 2011 – February, 2013.
• Worked as Convener, National Events Implementation Committee.
• Worked as a member, Central Purchase Committee.
• Working as a Registrar In-Charge, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa since 11.09.2015.
Area/s of research interests:
Spectroscopy, Atmospheric Physics
1) Member of ORV Sagar Kanya Cruise (SK-193) as a part of ARMEX Programme.
2) Member of National level Land Campaign under ISRO–Geosphere Biosphere Programme.
3) Member of ORV Sagar Kanya Cruise (SK-212) as a part of CSIR Network Programme.
4) Member of ISRO-GBP Special Aerosol Land Campaign.
5) Member of Biomass burning experiment at Arunachal Pradesh under CSIR Programme.
6) Member of ORV Sagar Kanya Cruise (SK223) under ISRO-GBP:ICARB Programme.
7) Member of “First Winter Phase Indian Arctic Expedition” at Ny-Alesund, Arctic.
8) Member of “Second Phase Summer Indian Arctic Expedition” at Ny-Alesund, Arctic.
For being M.Sc. in Physics from Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur in 1992, Dr.Ahammed was awarded Ph.D in Physics by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur in 1996. Presently Dr.Y. Nazeer Ahammed is working as Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa since October, 2009. Dr. Ahammed started his career as Senior Research Fellow at Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur and became Research Scientist in May, 1998. Joined National Physical Physical Laboratory (an esteemed CSIR Laboratory), New Delhi as Scientist-C in August, 2004 and served up to September, 2009. Dr. Y. Nazeer Ahammed has successfully undertaken five Research Projects sponsored by CSIR (New Delhi), ISRO (Bangalore), NCAOR (Goa). Published 93 Research publications in National and International SCI Journals. Presented around 35 Research papers at National and International Seminars/ Symposiums/ Workshops. Visited China and Arctic on Academic purpose. Dr. Ahammed having several collaborations with Indian and Foreign Scientists. Participated in six National and International Research Programmes. Reviewed research papers on various scientific journals. Adjudicated M.Phil and Ph.D thesis of various Indian Universities. Worked as Head, Department of Physics, Yogi Vemana University during December, 2010 to February, 2013. Presently working as Registrar in-charge, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa since 11.09.2015.