Department of Microbiology
Yogi Vemana University
Kadapa – 516003
Contact Number : 08562 – 225428
DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
Name of the Department with Address and Contact number :
Year of Establishment :
Details of the faculty members :
|Dr. B. Jayapal Gowdu||Professor|
|Dr. D. Vijaya Raghava Prasad||Associate Professor & i/c Head|
|Dr. L. Veeranjaneya Reddy||Assistant professor|
|Dr. D. Vijaya Lakshmi||Assistant professor|
|Dr. M. Subhosh Chandra||Assistant professor|
Since its inception of the Department as displayed academic excellence achieving cent percent of results in all the academic years (2005-2006; 2006-2007; 2007-2008; 2008-2009; 2009-2010 and 2010-2011). The faculty is active in presenting papers in seminars, publishing research articles in journals, attending workshops and applying for research projects to various research funding organizations (UGC, DST, DBT and CSIR).
Projects Under taken :
Dr. B. Jayapal Gowdu
- Epidemiology and Immunodiagnostics of Papaya ring spot virus disease of Rayalaseema districts Sponsoring Agency is UGC, India the duration period 3 years Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 10 Lakhs.
- A study to define role of various differentiated T-helper cells in priming and effector phases of Atopic dermatitis using mouse model Sponsoring Agency is DST, India the duration period 5 years 2014 Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 73 Lakhs.
- Synthesis , Characterization and DNA binding and cleavage activities of Novel macrocyclic hetero organo transition metal complexes Sponsoring Agency is CSIR, India the duration period 3 years Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 17 Lakhs.
- Production of Biofuels from High carbon yielding plants (as Co-PI) Sponsoring Agency is DST the duration period 3 years Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 22,75,000.
- Isolation and molecular characterization of finger millet lipoxigenase (as Co-PI) Sponsoring Agency is DBT the duration 3 years Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 38, 98,000.
- Biotechnological Production of Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol (ABE) from agricultural waste using solventogenic bacteria Sponsoring Agency is DST the duration period 3 years Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 20,00,000.
Dr. D.Vijaya Raghava Prasad
Dr. L. Veeranjaneya Reddy
Number of Research Scholars :
Seminars / Conference / Symposia/ Workshops/Guest lecturers conducted :
International Seminar on Plant Biotechnology and Genomics towards A new Green Revolution (ISPBG-2009), February 6-7, 2009,Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa.