Ph.D: Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. A.P.
M.Tech: Regional Engineering College Kurukshetra University,Kurukshetra,Haryana State.
B.Tech:(NBKRIST Vidyanagar) Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. (A.P)
- Professor at Y.S.R. Engineering College of Yogi Vemana University, Proddatur,YSR (Dt) from 3-6-2009 to till date.
- Principal (Professor) at Sir Vishveshwaraiah Institute of Science & Technology, Angallu, MADANAPALLE from 30-5-2008 to 25-5-2009.
- Associate Professor at KSRM College of Engineering, KADAPA from 02-8-1993 to 24-5-2008.
- Assistant Professor at KSRM College of Engineering, KADAPA from 04-9-1987 to 01-8-1993.
Area of research interests :
Design of Machine Members,Tribology of Bearings.
Research Focus :
Machine Design & Production Engineering.
Membership in prestigious academic bodies:
1. IE(I) Membership: FIE – F/109843/4 2. Life Member in Tribology Society of India: LM 3706 3. Life Member in ISTE : LM6046 4. Life Member in ISME : L315.
Details of seminars/workshops Attended :
1. Two day work shop on “Non Conventional Energy Systems” 20-21st 1989, at JNTU Anantapur.
2. 3-days ISTE Programme on “Strategic Planning & Istitutional Development” 15-17th Sep 1994 at KSRM College of Engineering, KADAPA.
3. Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on “Computer Graphics” at IIT Chennai, June 10-21, 1996.
4. QIP Short Term Course on “Bearings design & Analysis” at IIT Delhi 8-14th Dec 1996.
5. ISTE Short Term Training Programming on “Recent Advances in Industrial Tribology” at REC Calicut 15 - 27th March 1999.
6. ISTE Short Term Training Programme on “Finite element method & its applications” may 11-27th 2000, at CBIT, Hyderabad.
7. Two days work shop on “Experimental Technologies in welding Technology” 8-9th Dec – 2000 at Vasavi Engineering College, Hyderabad.
8. AICTE QIP Short term course on “Computer Oriented Numerical Analysis” 16th – 20th Sep 2002 at CCE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
9. 3rd Summer School in Tribology at Indian Institute of Petroleum and Management, Gurgaon, June, 20th -23rd , 2011.
Details of Keynote Addresses :
1. “Tribology of Hydrodynamic Journal Bearings-A Brief Review”-Invited Talk, Proc. of National Conference on Mathematics and its Applications, Mathematics Department, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Dec. 21-26, 2006.
2. Resource person in the National Conference on Applications of Mathematics in Engineering, Physical and Life Sciences and XXI Congress of APSMS held at department of Mathematics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, 7-9 Dec.’12.
Extracurricular Activities :
(i). Administrative Work: 1. Principal, Y.S.R. Engineering College of Yogi Vemana University, Proddatur from 16-06-2012 to till date 2. Vice-Principal, Y.S.R. Engineering College of Yogi Vemana University, Proddatur from 21-11-2011 to 15-06-2012. 3. Regional Coordinator, EAMCET-2011 Web counseling help line centre. 4. EAMCET-2011 Regional Coordinator, Kadapa. 5. Served as Honarary Secretary to The Institution of Engineers (INDIA), Kadapa Local Centre, KADAPA, for Two Years 2006-2008. 6. Served as Executive Member for Mechanical Engineering Division, The Institution of Engineers (INDIA), Kadapa Local Centre, KADAPA, for Two Years 2004-2006. 7. Served as Hostel Warden (Boys) for Three and Half Years 1997-2001 at KSRM College of Engineering, KADAPA. 8. Served as Secretary for Three Years 1991-94 to the ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) Local Chapter, KSRM College of Engineering, KADAPA. 9. Involved in the development of ME – II, APE, and CAD/CAM Labs. of Mechanical Engineering, KSRM College of Engineering, KADAPA. (ii). GAMES AND SPORTS: 1. Participated in 7th Junior Nehru Hockey Tournament, at New Delhi, Nov. 1978. ( A.P Junior College Boys Team) 2. A.P Inter School Hockey Tournament Runners – Team Player, Played in Aug. 1978. 3. Anatapur District Junior College Games & Sports Meet – Runners Team Player in Hockey – 1978-79. (III). Consultancy Activities: Giving Support to the following Industries as Consultant Engineer 1. M/s Kurnool Cylinders Private Limited, Kotthur, Hyderabad. 2. M/s Dharmaja Cylinders & Fabrications Pvt. Ltd., Kotthur, Hyderabad. 3. Dharmaja Industries Pvt. Ltd., Gandhinagar, Hyderabad. 4. M/s Mackel Technologies Private Limited, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad. 5. M/s GDR & MM Cylinders Pvt. Ltd., Renigunta. (iv). Social Activites: 1. Conducted Blood Donation Camp for Rotary Club, at Sir Vishveshswaraiah Institute of Science & Technology, Angallu, Madanaplle, in 2008. 2. Conducted Blood Donation Camp for Govt. Hospital, Proddatur, at YSR Engineering College of Yogi Vemana University, Proddatur, April, 2013. 3. Staff Adviser to the CHEYUTHA- a student welfare Association at YSR Engineering College of Yogi Vemana University, Proddatur.
Details of significant paper publications :
1. Jaya Chandra Reddy, G., Eswara Reddy, C. and Rama Krishna Prasad, K., “Effect of Viscosity Variation on the Squeeze Film Performance of a Narrow Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing Operating with Couple Stress Fluids”, Proceedings of Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Engineering Tribology, Vol. 222, pp141-150, Mar.2008, London, U.K.
2. Saila Kumari, A., Jaya Chandra Reddy, G., and Rama Krishna Prasad, K., “ Effect of Viscosity Variation on Load Carrying Capacity of Squeeze film Spherical Bearing Operating with Couple Stress Fluid”, Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp 21-26, April 2010.
3. Saila Kumari, A., Viswanatha Reddy, G. and Jaya Chandra Reddy, G., “ On the Static Performance of Short Elliptical Hydradynamic Journal Bearing Operating with Micropolar Fluid”, International Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Technology and Sciences, AS-10, April-Sep, 2011.
4. Rushma, S, Diwakar Reddy, V, Jaya Chandra Reddy, G, and Ramakrishna Prasad, K, “ Lubrication of Journal Bearing considering roughness, couple stress under cavitation condition”, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 7, No. 21, pp 85-98, July 2011.
5. Krishna Mohan Raju, and Jaya Chandra Reddy, G., “A conceptual design of collapsible wind friction reduction attachments to truck for better fuel economy” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) ( ISSN 0974 - 3154 ) volume 5, no. 3(2012), pp.251-259.
6. Krishna Mohan Raju, and Jaya Chandra Reddy, G.,, “A conceptual design of collapsible wind friction reduction attachments to bus for better fuel economy” International Journal of Advanced Mechanical Engineering(IJAME) (ISSN 2250-3234) volume 2, no. 1(2012), pp.25-34.
7. Krishna Mohan Raju, and Jaya Chandra Reddy, G.,, “A conceptual design of wind friction reduction attachments to the rear portion of a car for better fuel economy at high speeds”, International Journal Engineering Science and Technology(IJEST), ( ISSN 0975 - 5462 ) volume 4, no.05 May 2012, pp.2366-2372.
8. Krishna Mohan Raju, and Jaya Chandra Reddy, G.,, “A conceptual design of collapsible wind friction reduction attachments to bike for better fuel economy” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research & advances in Engineering(IJMRAE), ( ISSN 0975 - 7074 ) volume 4, no.iii July 2012, pp.239-252.
www.yogivemanauniveristy.ac.in is the registered, authentic and official website of Yogi Vemana university, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. The university holds no responsibility for any advertisements/ notifications/ news items displayed in fictitious, dubious and fraudulent websites operated by illegal agencies. Browsers are requested to ascertain the veracity of the content by visiting the official website.